Flower Movement Awareness Week
During August 8-14, 2022, WF&FSA will launch its Flower Movement Awareness Week where members of the floral community can come together in a concentrated effort to support the cause.
Throughout the week, we are asking supporters of The Flower Movement, individually or company-wide, to get involved in their local community and share the emotional, physical, mental, and healing power of flowers with others.
Getting Started with Awareness Week:
- Discuss internally all the ways your company can give back. Suggestions include donations of flowers to local and national organizations; partnering with other industry leaders and movements to spread the joy of flowers; sponsoring floral educational programs, training, and workshops; or planting community gardens.
- Connect with a local organization, hospital, nursing home, or community center and ask how you can share the joy of flowers with their community.
- Share your awareness week activities with WF&FSA by taking pictures, posting to social media, and using the hashtags #OneFlowerFamily, #FlowerMovementWeek22, or #FlowerMovement.
Organizations WF&FSA Members Have Helped
- Future Farmers of America
- Society of American Florists
- Art in Bloom
- Michigan Garden Clubs
- Philadelphia Flower Show
- Pasadena Tournament of Roses
- Minnesota State Florist Association
- Roots Collective (Black Marketplace, Roots Clothing, Roots Printing, Roots Black House)
- Village (FREE)DGE Inc
- University of Miami
- Kent University
- Say Sukii Flower Children
- The Flower Market
- The Wild Mother
- La Casita Foundation
- Flowers for Heroes
- Fatima de Socorro
- Clinica del Campestro
- Minitas School in Mesopotamia, Colombia
- Minga House Foundation
Local Places You Can Give Back To
- Nursing Homes
- Donation Centers
- Local Floral Organizations/Associations
Promoting Awareness Week
For more information on how you can join the movement, contact WF&FSA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Spread the Word About the Flower Movement
The Flower Movement Toolkit
The Flower Movement is a grassroots effort intended to bring the floral community together by highlighting the work done by those that drive the industry forward.
WF&FSA is recruiting the best of the floral industry to spread the Flower Movement through social media. Save the date for our upcoming Instagram Live talks with WF&FSA members and friends on how we're becoming #OneFlowerFamily.
The Flower Movement Upcoming Live Sessions